[kwlug-disc] Where to fix an Acer A500 tablet?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Dec 11 09:47:50 EST 2014

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 2:01 AM, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Does anybody have a full HDMI to mini-HDMI cable? (Do such things even
> exist?)

Yes, they do. I have one.

I am dropping off the heat gun Friday in the afternoon. If you are
available, I can bring the tablet and micro-HDMI to HDMI cable and
test the VGA output box.

> If so then we have an HDMI to VGA converter box that would
> probably work.

May work after Android boots up, but much of the presentation will be
from the recovery boot, which I doubt supports HDMI.

> Raul once did a presentation where he VNCed into his tablet and showed
> that on the screen. Would that be a possibility? (I am guessing not,
> but I thought I would ask.)

Most likely, it won't work from the recovery.

The only sure way is to have a separate video camera / webcam pointed
at the tablet. But I don't know how a video camera / webcam would
connect to the VGA output.

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.