[kwlug-disc] e-Readers -> e-Libraries - corners creased, sticky notes and bookmarks left in ... wha?

B. S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Sat Dec 6 17:59:43 EST 2014

Thank you all for the calibre reference. I did come across it after posting and hope to give it a spin soon.

As part of poking about, came across http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calibre_%28software%29, and the specific reference of "At every launch, calibre connects to calibre-ebook.com, in order to check for updates. This phone home behavior cannot be disabled, per Kovid Goyal's request.[7]'

[7] being https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1168968

Although this link bears no relation to the sentence given, is does note that you can decrease the update notification frequency in options - albeit not too intuitively, FWIW.

Followups on calibre / gotchas / what is this beastie / ecosystem, welcome.