[kwlug-disc] Upgrading from 12.04 to 14.04

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Aug 12 13:41:31 EDT 2014

I thought you now had a headless tower in the basement for all this?
RDP'ing to the vm from the laptop at need?

What ... no external USB on your OpenWRT and running KVM on it? Where's
your sense of challenge, man!

Mind you ... worth holding a spare vm in the cloud? Presumably there's
an ability to clone off a snapshot in the cloud, and test run the
upgrade there. Presumably only a DNS change when you're ready to go
live? Making the old the new spare vm? And leaving a regression path if
something goes sour but doesn't reveal itself for a couple of days?