[kwlug-disc] kwlug moribund? [Was: Creative Mornings]

Chamunks Arkturus chamunks at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 08:19:43 EDT 2014

If we do a bit more social media wise I think that we would pick up. But
with social media it takes a bit if strategy. Were already doing the
blogging. All we would need to do is get the group on the different
platforms to drive people to the blog posts. There should already be
different plugins for our Drupal installation to accomplish some magic
here.

This mixed with the fact that I may have finally figured out the keys to
simple streaming via Linux. I've gone and also managed to unlock my ability
to stream directly to YouTube which is not something that I've figured out
just yet. But I just need to figure out how to find the rtmp stream url
then all is well there.

Anyways when it comes to social media we've already got the hard part of
the equation. Most people forget to blog. So driving people to a website
that's all snoozeville. Embedding and posting about the meetings and such
should really help with exposure. Getting traffic is always an ongoing
battle. But granted some of the stuff we've covered in our time with KWLUG
used to be miles over my head. I've personally greatly appreciated and
gained from the experience.

Needless to say we could do more yes. It tends to be overwhelming for just
one person. We should consider recruiting for more leaders in the group to
step up for a more defined role here and there. I'm certain that there is
more than enough people who rely on our monthly rituals with the lug.