[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu 12.04 LTS localhost* and internet fail - where to ...

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sun Apr 13 23:52:21 EDT 2014

Ah, yes, the old ... we're looking for it in a different place now, problem!

Yep. Everyone who has lived from apache to apache2 has had to live down
this problem.

Welcome to open source! Where what you thought you knew may no longer
be, but you'll forever be getting search results on old stuff that no
longer applies ...

Glad it's working for you.

Hint for future (as you wrestle with getting back to where you were):
When you google for stuff, use apache2 as a search term, not just apache.

GL&HF
- make sure there's lots of coffee nearby.