[kwlug-disc] Favourite free sip registrars?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Sep 13 17:17:38 EDT 2013

The registrar part of a registrar should be in essence just a directory
service. sip://guest42@workingcentre.org could merely be a redirection
to sip://guest42@sip2sip.org.

Most free sip registrars offer voicemail. I expect many simply
downloading it to the associated e-mail address.

If the working centre voicemail could be accessed via voip (voip
address), then a softphone could retrieve it. (Or is it delivered as
.wav files to an e-mail address?)

e.g. Such as via the computers we offer every Friday night at OOTC.

Part of where I'm coming from on some of this stuff - we have but one
physical phone Friday nights, no long distance. But 6+ laptops sitting
there waiting for guest use. (They do e-mail, facebook, other stuff.
Opportunity for learning there, too, but so far little interest.)

With Working Centre during day, and us at night, I've wondered how to
leverage Working Centre computer facilities / opportunities / learning
from us to there during the evening when the Working Centre is closed.