[kwlug-disc] CAT6 - worthwhile? [Was: Re: Powerline networking - viable?]

Adam Glauser adamglauser at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 16:21:22 EDT 2013

On Oct 26, 2013 1:55 AM, "unsolicited" <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
> In my case, most of the runs are via the forced air heat ducts. In the
basement, the cables exit at a join / curve in the duct, where they go from
vertical to horizontal (on their way to the furnace itself).

I recall hearing at one point that the building code requires a special
type of sheathing for cables run through ducts. Probably worth checking out
if anyone plans on tacking a similar tack.