[kwlug-disc] OT - Mechanical engineers in this group (Or Kwartzlab)

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 17:30:42 EST 2013

It seems to me that more and more medical jobs are being replaced by
computers.  For example, in the news today they said that pharmacies in the
US are going to get blood test machines that can do a patient's blood work
in a few hours.  So there goes any career prospects for med lab technicians.

Mind you, I'm by no means an expert on this.  Your son needs to decide
which career he loves doing the most, then go do that.  If you pick a
career based on job prospects alone, you may find yourself unhappy in your
work down the road.