[kwlug-disc] Any experience with cloudatcost.com VPS?

Sun Nov 10 19:37:12 EST 2013

On Nov 10, 2013, at 4:34 PM, Andrew Sullivan Cant <acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> Colin mentioned cloudatcost.com at the Ferrkin after the meeting.
> http://www.cloudatcost.com
>
> Their basic service claims to start a $1/mo, or $35 one-time price. Which compared to the $7/mo I am paying now with servarica.com seems enticing.

I took them up on their one-time $35 VPS. It’s what you’d expect. 512MB of RAM and 8GB of HDD doesn’t get you too terribly far but it’s not bad for a throwaway setup. Speed is reasonable, and it seems reasonably well connected. I think that a better-spec’d (and thus more expensive) VPS from them would work well.

-A.