[kwlug-disc] Any experience with cloudatcost.com VPS?

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sun Nov 10 16:34:20 EST 2013

Colin mentioned cloudatcost.com at the Ferrkin after the meeting.
http://www.cloudatcost.com

Their basic service claims to start a $1/mo, or $35 one-time price.
Which compared to the $7/mo I am paying now with servarica.com seems
enticing.

CloudAtCost if part of Fibernetics, so they are local, and they're other
retail offering Eyesurf seemed to get a good reaction on the list a
little while ago. That seems like a good sign.

I'll update if I learn any more, but I'd love to know if anyone else has
already tried it.

Andrew

(P.S.: Speaking of Eyesurf, I got more impressed when I came across this
map showing what their DSL can service. http://eyesurf.net/vip/learn.html
My recent experience with Teksavvy/Bell has left me grumpy. They we
definitely not this transparent on how distance was going to affect a
DSL connections quality.)