[kwlug-disc] ASUS RT-N16 router.

Chamunks Arkturus chamunks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 18:58:38 EDT 2013

Anyone had any complaints or compliments to give to this router?  I'm
curious as its apparently ddwrt supported and I'm looking to find a more up
to date thing to reccomend to people as a standard baseline for routers as
the WRT-54GL's are a bit outdated now.

This router touts 10/100/1000 ports all around and a broadcom chipset
compatible with ddwrt topped off with wireless n 300+ something or other.
 Seems decent.  I've been pushed by several people to go towards the
direction of the netgear routers but I've never really heard anything
exceptional about netgear and I've always had exceptional experience with
ASUS.  Yes it is a bit of fanboyism but its been earned I believe having
several ASUS mobo's and laptops that just wont die.