[kwlug-disc] How do you keep tabs of your GPG, SSH, and SSL keys?

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Mar 14 10:00:08 EDT 2013

True. And the GPG and SSH keys have their own pass phrases so they could
just be stuffed in. Do the SSL keys come with their own encryption?

I looks like there is a cross-platform version of KeePass called
KeePassX <http://www.keepassx.org/>

Might work, although it appears to lag behind the standard KeePass.

Although I must say that I really like the idea of an encrypted
container. Having a container which automatically unlocks when I login,
or unlock my screen, seems like it might be a reasonable balance of
security.

I have not been able to find a standard secure store format, across
multiple platforms. Everyone seems to mostly have their own thing
(gnome-keyring, kwallet, whatever the mac osx one is called) and no
common format. Which makes me sad.

(And I will happily be corrected, if anyone on the list knows I am wrong :)

Andrew