[kwlug-disc] Off Topic. Seems this group is very adept at finding places to hold events.

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 6 23:56:39 EST 2013

On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 01:38:04PM -0500, Chamunks Arkturus wrote:
> My friend Chris runs the Laurier Taekwondo class and laurier is very
> thoroughly screwing his class over by limiting the cheap version of the
> signups (60$ a semester) to only laurier students community members must
> pay a full price to sign up for their gym and then the extra 60 for his
> class.
>
> I was wondering if anyone knew a place close to laurier where he could try
> and score a place to teach two nights a week as cheaply or as freely as
> possible I believe he just does it for no profit as far as im aware laurier
> basically swallows the entire fees of the class.

The big issue you will run into is insurance, especially for a
physical activity like taekwondo.

I do not know whether this is helpful, but we had a big long
discussion about this back in 2009, when we were looking at the
prospect of couch-surfing.

http://kwlug.org/pipermail/kwlug-disc_kwlug.org/2009-December/002548.html

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org