[kwlug-disc] Cable Modem.

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Dec 2 12:00:29 EST 2013

I did some research a month or so ago, since I want to stay with cable
internet, but change Rogers. I deferred the decision until my Rogers
contract is up and the cancellation penalty expires.

The plan I interested in is: 3 mbps upload / 35 download

Here is what I found:

1. Start.ca, no contract
http://start.ca/services/highspeed
35/3  unlimited $59.95 no contract

They offer an upload boast to 35/10 with unlimited for $69.95 if you want
that.
They also waive the $50 installation fee if you have active cable with
Rogers now.

2. Acanac
http://acanac.ca/cable.html
30 mbps downlaod $65.95 month to month, with discounts for longer term.

A friend uses them and their service is generally good, but he experiences
VoIP issues when streaming video to his TV, so plans to upgrade to a higher
bandwidth plan (not sure which plan he has now, but he pays $600 upfront
for a year). They bundle VoIP for free on some plans.

3. Teksavvy
http://teksavvy.com/en/residential/internet/cable
35/3  300GB $49.95
35/3 unlimited $79.95

4. Distributel, no contract
35/3  mbps unlimited $59.95

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Joe Wennechuk <
youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have a cheap cable modem for sale? I would like to purchase
> cable internet and keep my costs down as much as possible. I was looking at
> Acanac. I know this discussion has already transpired, but who out there is
> using Cable for Internet, which provider? Are they good? How is the Price?
> any recommendations.

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
Fast Reliable Drupal