[kwlug-disc] <100$ pfsense box anyone have ideas where i can get something like this?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Jan 30 19:50:22 EST 2012

Come visit The Working Centre and pick up one of the Linux boxes and a few network cards. You'll get enough change from your Robert Borden to buy me coffee, and then some.

--Bob.

--
Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com>

Colin K <colin at void11.com> wrote:

I am looking to get a fairly decent router replacement.  I've been kicking the idea around of finally moving on from my old companion the linksys wrt54gl and want to make the full move to pfsense now that i see that mlpppoe is supported easily in the config.  Any idea where i could get something that isnt too vastly underpowered I would like to run several things on my pfsense box that require a bit more than a router, my requirements are:

Firewall IDS and IPS

With PeerBlock IP filtering.

Maybe OpenVPN but not really necessary.

Oh and QoS for sure!

It needs possible wifi support but I still have other wifi AP's i can plug in beside this box but if everything the machine can do includes wifi im not complaining.