[kwlug-disc] Advice on Buying a Ubuntu-Friendly Computer

kelsh at sentex.net kelsh at sentex.net
Sun Jan 1 14:49:20 EST 2012

Hello from Guelph. I can second the suggestion to use 10.04 Ubuntu LTS. It is
very stable and, if you wish, you can add PPA's (Personal Private Archives) for
programs such as Firefox to keep it up to date. See this site:
http://www.liberiangeek.net/2011/03/install-upgrade-firefox-4-ubuntu-10-0410-10
to see how it is done. Even though the article was written for Firefox 4, it is
the PPA that will keep Firefox up to date. For more PPA's, see this site:
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk
Good luck!
Jim Kelsh