[kwlug-disc] Advice on Buying a Ubuntu-Friendly Computer

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun Jan 1 14:29:03 EST 2012

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Also relevant: which versions of Ubuntu are you hoping to run? It
> sounds as if you want to stay bleeding-edge.

In all cases, except for a few, I recommend that you stay with the latest
Long Term
Support release (LTS). This is currently 10.04, with its successor expected
in April 2012. This way you get security releases for up to 3 years for the
desktop (5 years for servers).

Unless you are experimenting, this is the way I would recommend that you go.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.