[kwlug-disc] Drupal help Needed!

Bill Traynor btraynor at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 09:51:47 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I've inherited a Drupal based site as part of my day job.  The site is
http://www.meld.org.  Drupal is configured to require that email addresses
be confirmed upon registration but I've recently discovered that the 'new
user registration' emails stopped working sometime in jan./feb. of this
year, before I joined the company.

I've been wrestling with this problem for 2 weeks now and am desperate for
some help.  Here are the relevant details as it stand, but I can provide
more as needed:

- Drupal messaging sending method is Simple Mail
- php.ini is configured to send mail using sendmail:  sendmail_path =
/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
- I can send mail manually via the command line
- I can send mail manually via a PHP script
- other site mail works, such as the Request New Password form and user
messaging
- no mail is queued in Drupal
- tailing /var/log/maillog shows nothing when a new user registers
- possible solution http://drupal.org/node/353797 does not seem to help me
- I've upgraded the site to Drupal 6.22 as well as upgraded all modules to
their latest releases

Can anyone help me?  I seem to be running around in circles with this and
it's driving me nuts!

Please let me know asap, either on list or off if you can help.

Thanks
Bill