[kwlug-disc] OT: Non-satellite alternatives to Rogers Cable?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Oct 28 00:39:59 EDT 2011

On 11-10-27 09:28 AM, chaslinux at gmail.com wrote:
> Talking with Bob before it sounded like his download speed was similar to mine without MLPPP?

Yes, but both Teksavvy and I know that I'm on a line that's been badly
provisioned by Bell.  I'm getting 3Mbps down / 800kbps up on a line that
should be 5Mbps down / 800kbps up.  Teksavvy says that requesting Bell
to fix this profile may just result in something like 5Mbps down /
500kbps up, and I believe them.  Mostly I find 3 Mbps down fast enough,
but 800kbps up is already too slow.  Anyway, the persistent connection
(always on) is more valuable to me than raw speed. And since I'm using
MLPPP I've managed to evade Bell's throttling, so I'm really getting 3
Mbps, not whatever Bell's throttled throughput is.

--Bob.