[kwlug-disc] Linux Mint

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Nov 4 16:44:16 EDT 2011

On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 02:58:10PM -0400, Oksana Goertzen wrote:
> I've been trying it out on another machine and it's been good.  I wanted
> wanted to avoid
> any gotcha's.  Can you do an in place upgrade?

One gotcha I have seen with Mint: dual booting hassles.
Twice I have seen cases where people installed Mint, then got rid of
it and tried to dual-boot with Ubuntu and Windows, and then had
problems getting their Windows partition to boot.

I am not sure whether this was a fluke or whether it is systematic,
but it is one issue that has come up.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org