[kwlug-disc] Linux Mint

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 16:50:41 EDT 2011

I would note that if the intent of a move to Mint is to flee UI
changes, note that Mint will be moving to Gnome 3 in version 12:

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/11/linux-mint-12-to-use-gnome-shell-by.html

It looks like they're going to do some work to preserve the panel UI
within Gnome Shell, and they'll be supporting Mate, a fork-of-sorts of
Gnome 2, as an option.  I just want to point out that, like the rest of
the Gnome ecosystem, change is coming.

Darcy.