[kwlug-disc] Linux Mint

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Nov 4 15:02:12 EDT 2011

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 2:58 PM, Oksana Goertzen <ogoertzen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been trying it out on another machine and it's been good.  I wanted
> wanted to avoid any gotcha's.  Can you do an in place upgrade?

For Kubuntu/Xubuntu? Yes. You can do an in place upgrade from one LTS to
another even, so from 8.04 (2008) to 10.04 (2010), and skipping all the 6
month releases in between.

> I used to use KDE a while back but when it all changed and became really
> unstable for a while I moved to Gnome.

Yes, that was true for the one or two releases that had KDE 4.x in it, and
preceded 10.04. With 10.04, it is very stable. I am typing this from my
laptop that has been running it ever since it came out.
wrong." -- H.L. Mencken