[kwlug-disc] Linux Mint

Oksana Goertzen ogoertzen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 14:58:10 EDT 2011

I've been trying it out on another machine and it's been good.  I wanted
wanted to avoid
any gotcha's.  Can you do an in place upgrade?

I used to use KDE a while back but when it all changed and became really
unstable for
a while I moved to Gnome.  Either works.  I use apps from both.  :)  Now
it's the other
way around, Unity has an interface that's simply not working for me... it's
getting in
the way of getting things done.

On 4 November 2011 14:49, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Raul Suarez <rarsa at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> The only reason I changedto LMDE was to avoid reinstalling every now and
>> then and stil be current. (I was skipping at least one release each time)
>>

> I stay on LTS releases only with Kubuntu (or any *buntu). No need to
> reinstall, unless you want to.
>
> So, what is it that was forcing you to reinstall with Ubuntu?
> --
> Khalid M. Baheyeldin
> 2bits.com, Inc.
> http://2bits.com
> Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability. --  Edsger W.Dijkstra
> Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. --   Leonardo da Vinci
> For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple, and
> wrong." -- H.L. Mencken

It's never too late to be what you might have been.
George Eliot