[kwlug-disc] Google in KW?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri May 20 11:29:23 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Kyle Spaans <3lucid at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What do people think of this move for Google to grow in KW?  Any ties
> > in to OpenText or RIM (IE: is Google bringing in people to directly
> > compete with them -- media suggests that this is Chrome that the KW
> > Google staff are focused on).
> According to my contacts, the Google Kitchener office (note that they
> moved out of R&T Park in Waterloo) works on mobile stuff and Chrome.

There was a tech supplement last year (October?) for The Record, and it
mentioned something for mobile too. They also have some Adsense work
going on here, according to a friend who was an intern there.

There is a fourth thing they do there, but I can't remember what it is.

The core Android team is somewhere in California, so Kitchener is not the
main mobile HQ for Google by any means.