[kwlug-disc] Google in KW?

Russell McOrmond russellmcormond at gmail.com
Fri May 20 10:58:21 EDT 2011

A Globe article http://ur1.ca/48005  "Google’s big bet on Canada" included:

"In a gala that drew three MPs, countless engineers and all of
Kitchener's city council, Google gave visitors a tour of its brand new
34,000-square-foot facility in Kitchener, Ont.’s Tannery district,
just a few kilometres south of the University of Waterloo."

Do people know which 3 MPs?

What do people think of this move for Google to grow in KW?  Any ties
in to OpenText or RIM (IE: is Google bringing in people to directly
compete with them -- media suggests that this is Chrome that the KW
Google staff are focused on).

Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
http://creform.ca/petition/ict/

 manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
 portable media player from my cold dead hands!"