[kwlug-disc] Parliament adjourned ... bills dead (again!)?

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Wed Mar 30 15:52:59 EDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 09:39:45AM -0400, Russell McOrmond wrote:
>   Your question is a "I am holding up 3 things in my hand" subset of
> my "4 things" presentation.  It misses the "pay no attention to the
> man behind the curtain" critical stakeholder that is pulling all the
> strings.

Thanks for this clarification!  The goal of my original question was
to emphasize equality among the players, but unfortunately I didn't
even see all the players.

>   There is a *LOT* you can learn from asking a "4 things" type
> question, and seeing if the candidate has understood that there is
> more than just one "owner" whose rights need to be protected.   Even
> if they have never thought about it before, asking the question puts a
> critical thought into their mind: that copyright law *MUST* be about
> respecting the rights of all impacted owners and other relevant
> constituencies, not only the interests of copyright holders.

I'll need to digest some of this more slowly (and watch the video)
to better rephrase the question.  But please, don't let that stop you
from offering a new phrasing.

> (BTW: If people would prefer an outsider to the KW region keep more
> quiet, let me know.  Of course, there are other lists for this,
> including one hosted at digital-copyright.ca )

No!  Please do not leave us in ignorance. :-)  To have you on this list
is an honour.

- Chris