[kwlug-disc] Presenter needed for May meeting

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Mar 30 13:56:38 EDT 2011

Paul Nijjar wrote, On 03/30/2011 12:05 PM:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 07:23:17AM -0700, Fernando Duran wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I can talk for example about any of: information security | Linux server
>> security | Linux server sysadmin | Linux web server sysadmin & optimization
>
> Deal! Thanks so much for volunteering.
>
> I think topic 2 could work, but it is a big topic for a
> half-presentation. Nonetheless I think an overview would be helpful.
> If you want to focus on a specific tool or set of tools that is fine
> too.

You're right Paul, I apologize - I lost sight that this is a
half-presentation.

I suspect, no matter how short or long Fernando presented on this,
some level of personal investigation, afterwards, would have to occur.

But things like 'concepts' or checklists would at least alert us to
the need to address <thunk>, and provide search terms with which the
specifics as to how to address <thunk> could be found. (If I don't
know I should be addressing <thunk>, I won't know to go look it up.)

Fernando, I would leave it up to you, as you know the scope and mass
of the material involved, but Paul makes an excellent point in terms
of time availability - perhaps door #1 (since you showed a goat after
I picked door #2), isn't the best for this half-slot.

I would sure like to see your presentation, some time. If this half
slot isn't the best for that, could it be slotted in for the next
available full slot?