[kwlug-disc] Parliament adjourned ... bills dead (again!)?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Mar 29 03:38:30 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 01:41:16AM -0400, Chris Frey wrote:

> I disagree with the strategy here.  It sounds like you are recommending
> a bit of trickery or manipulation to get the truth out of them.  But
> isn't this the same behaviour that we dislike in politicians generally?

Yep. And yep.

Unfortunately, trickery wins in politics. Politics is dirty, and
elections are the dirtiest aspect of politics. There is definitely an
"ends justify the means" aspect to what I am suggesting.

There is also an aspect of elections which remind me of job
interviews, which are also manipulative (and yet which we seem to
accept as necessary in life).

> I think we should rise above that.

Sure. Then we'll lose again. I have plenty of experience with losing
political battles because I took the high ground.

> That said, you may be onto something, with the idea that a brief Q&A
> session might be the wrong place for substantial progress.

I think elections are the wrong place for substantial progress
overall.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org