[kwlug-disc] Parliament adjourned ... bills dead (again!)?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Mar 29 05:03:54 EDT 2011

Let me note: when I started this thread, I was not living in a fantasy
world thinking that substantive progress would happen.

It is very easy to get on a roll here, given the topic(s), creating
very long messages.

Please don't mistake brevity here as being simplistic, or abrasive.

Paul Nijjar wrote, On 03/29/2011 3:38 AM:
> I think elections are the wrong place for substantial progress
> overall.

Why would we have thought otherwise?

What are the right places for making substantial progress? Sorry,
wrong question, the answers are somewhat intuitively obvious. The
better question is: What are the effective circumstances in which
substantial progress actually happen, and how can those circumstances
be fostered?

Is it reasonable to intuitively think- sorry, wrong word, of course
it's reasonable, the correct word is - is it realistic to think that
raising greater awareness that "<This> matters." during this time is
an appropriate vehicle for increasing the likelihood of accomplishing
substantial progress (after having arrived at those effective
circumstances), later? [Later, here, defined as 'before the next
election.']

Raise greater awareness now, increase the likelihood of substantive
progress later?