[kwlug-disc] Roger's worse [Was: Acanac cable internet anyone?]

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Mon Jun 27 18:07:52 EDT 2011

Khalid Baheyeldin wrote, On 06/27/2011 2:32 PM:

> Actually, I am glad that you posted this info here, since I am considering
> switching from Rogers, and evaluating alternatives.
>
> Rogers has become worse over the past 8-10 months or so.

Khalid: What have you been noticing / in what way has it become worse?

Me, I'm noticing firefox getting slower and slower and slower, almost
to the point it's unusable.

I'd like to blame lower powered (speed) CPU, (not lack of memory,)
number of tabs, or level of noscript blocking, but it no longer seems
like it can only be that. (Besides, noscript takes out the calls to
the blocked sites. I'm guessing it times out for 'bad things' it
doesn't know about, but I don't see how I'm hitting more of those now,
than before.)