[kwlug-disc] FLOSS Fund nomination for next meeting

Adam Glauser adamglauser at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 13:56:30 EDT 2011

The discussion in the Cabal was very much along the lines of JohnJ's

The lead of the HeliOS project, whose partner is the stroke victim and
also an important member of the HeliOS project, said "I am considering
going back to work...I'm just not seeing any other way to help.  The
HeliOS Project may have to sit idle for some time."

As Paul put it, "... this is exactly the problem with FLOSS: it makes
good software but then people don't get paid. The FLOSS Fund was (in my
opinion) intended to be a symbolic recognition of this reality."

The FLOSS Fund for July will be a donation to the medical costs for
Diane Franklin, via the PayPal account mentioned in another blog post*
on the topic.

* http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2011/06/helios-project-director-felled.html