[kwlug-disc] UBB comes to Teksavvy

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Mon Jan 31 16:23:46 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 01:03:10PM -0800, Raul Suarez wrote:
> Really? Wouldn't you want to have control over that?
>
> With Rogers I've had a 60 GB Cap since I moved with them (I had an ulimited with Bell)
>
> When I am at 75% I receive an email, then at 90% and at 95% and 100%
>
> It is then up to me to decide if I want to keep using it, bring it to the attention of other family members to limit their use or stop using it altogether. But it is MY desicion, not the ISP.
>
> Reading this, Do you think that it is still a good option to have it hard capped?

Yes, for me.  I want to pick a package that gives me reasonable bandwidth,
and then forget about it.  I don't mind notices along the way, but under
no circumstances do I want to go over the limit.  I don't want some external
ping flooder to add $2 to my bill.  It's the headache of yet another
thing to manage that I do not want.

Let me buy X gigs of bandwidth and leave it at that.  It's not the end of
the world if I happen to be offline for a few days at the end of the month.
There's lots of other stuff I can do. :-)

- Chris