[kwlug-disc] UBB comes to Teksavvy

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Jan 31 03:46:50 EST 2011

Teksavvy is limited by the CRTC tariff structure.  The finalized tariff
is not the same as that proposed in 2009.  The rate increases are
controlled by the CRTC, so there's no cash grab by Teksavvy.  Other
third-party ISPs will have similar rate increases.  And cable UBB will
start in July (if it's not being charged already), so there's not much
point in switching from DSL to Cable.

Rocky Gaudreau posted an explanation of the tariff to DSL Reports last
week, but that place has been so busy the last few days that I can't
find anything until Google gets around to crawling the site again.

--Bob.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/teksavvy