[kwlug-disc] KWLUG - The Kitchener Waterloo Linux User Group subscription update for mail-forum-merge

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Thu Feb 17 23:44:27 EST 2011

> The LibreOffice project (nee OpenOffice) is looking for 50,000 euros
> (or about 2 billion in Canadian dollars)

Erm, no it isn't:

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi?Amount=50000&From=EUR&To=CAD

Folks might be discouraged from contributing if they believe their
toonie is only one-billionth of LibreOffice's needs.  It is far more
encouraging knowing that your toonie is actually as much as
one-thirty-three-thousandth of LibreOffice's needs.  Perhaps a
correction could be made on the Web page? http://kwlug.org/node/815

Also, it was Oracle who didn't like LibreOffice participants in the
OpenOffice Community Council, and invited them to leave the project:
http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/10/oracle-wants-libreoffice-members-to-leave-ooo-council.ars

--Bob.