[kwlug-disc] CRTC reviewing UBB decision
zixiekat at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 13:58:23 EST 2011
Just to add another thread...
The CRTC is reviewing its decision, which is now up for comment. I have
already made some comments, but the more the merrier.
Here is the address for comment:
Just hit the Submit button next to article:
Please be aware that it is limited to 3500 characters.
Here are some points raised by the CRTC to consider, from a CBC article:
- How to make sure ordinary consumers served by small ISPs don't have to
"fund the bandwidth used by the heaviest residential internet consumers."
- How to ensure small ISPs offering "competitive alternatives" to large
ISPs can continue to do so.
- Whether the CRTC should set a minimum threshold for the amount of
bandwidth large ISPs sell to small ISPs and what it should be.
- Whether the CRTC should hold an online consultation as part of its
- Whether the CRTC should hold an oral public hearing as part of its
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the kwlug-disc