[kwlug-disc] Blackberry USB mode with Ubuntu?

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 19:28:02 EST 2011

When I first plugged my Blackberry Bold into my Ubuntu notebook it used to
pop up and ask if I wanted USB flash drive mode, synchronization mode or
charging mode. It seems to have stopped this on its own accord and always
selects charging mode now. Not sure how to kick it out of this, there
doesn't appear to be an option on the BB Bold to switch to USB storage
mode. Looked at some Berry tools and couldn't see how to reset it that way
either, still defaults to charging mode. Anyone have any ideas what I'm
missing?

Thanks,

Charles