[kwlug-disc] Creative Commons Film Festival

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Aug 10 17:31:54 EDT 2011

As I announced during the meeting, we are thinking of holding a film
festival/showcase of compelling Creative Commons content for Software
Freedom Day (Sept 17) this year.

To get this done, it would be good to get the following things:

0. Some recommendations for what to show. (Yes, there is "Big Buck
Bunny" and "Sita Sings the Blues". What else do you know about that is
both CC and good for a general non-nerdy audience.)

1. Some people to help go through the mountains of recommendations and
choose the best stuff to show.

2. Some people to help staff the event. In addition to this film
showcase we are going to have regular SFD activities: an installfest,
demonstration stations, CD handouts, and talks. That means we will be
short staffed to cover all of these things.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org