[kwlug-disc] Creative Commons Film Festival

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Aug 10 20:17:27 EDT 2011

Paul Nijjar wrote, On 08/10/2011 5:31 PM:
> As I announced during the meeting, we are thinking of holding a film
> festival/showcase of compelling Creative Commons content for Software
> Freedom Day (Sept 17) this year.

I don't have the right terms here (Brent will correct me), and I don't
know that this is cc, but ...

Would it be worthwhile playing (background music?) artists who are
self-publishing via the web, instead of charging through a store?

I don't know of any such artists myself, let alone if it's published
under cc, but I expect their license would be freedom to copy and
share, maybe even further with attribution and non-commercial.

- perhaps leading into the software freedom utilities used to create,
let alone distribute, the tracks?