[kwlug-disc] NAS server

Andrew Dekker andrewcdekker at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 19:48:41 EDT 2010

I have an IBM netfinity 5000 server that I just picked up. It has 6 scsi
drives hooked up to a hardware raid controller!
Now what I'd like to do is set up the box as a backup pc for my most
important files (taxes, business stuff, etc.)

What I did was download and install openfiler on it. I like this distro as I
can access and configure the system from a web browser.

What I dont know, well, is most everything else.
What I'm looking for is some direction: whether it be some online courses I
can take, some specific books to read, someone that can mentor me in the
server side of things.