[kwlug-disc] Android everywhere ...

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Sep 21 16:38:00 EDT 2010

I got a request to keep posting those notes about Android. If someone
thinks otherwise, please let me know.

Here is another app that got to try today.

It is called GPSTracker Lite. It is free.

It uses the built-in GPS, and takes snapshots (coordinates,
speed, altitude, ...etc.). The temperature is displayed on the
app, but I don't think this goes to the logged data.

You can plot that over Google Maps right into the phone.

So far so good. Nothing earth shattering.

Then the magic is unleashed when you use the sharing function
of that app. You can upload the route to Google Maps, Open Street
Maps, Google Documents (as a spreadsheet) or simply email it
to yourself or others.

(Richard Weait buying an Android device in 3, 2, 1 ...)
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.