[kwlug-disc] Lucid is disappointing .. was Android everywhere ...

Thu Sep 16 11:55:08 EDT 2010

On Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:49:22 am Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> I am using Kubuntu and therefore don't see these issues with Plymouth
> or Pulse.

I'm running Kubuntu as well.  Plymouth isn't used for obvious reasons, but
Pulse drives me nuts.

> Video works well with all the 3D effects that were not there on older
> releases, since I downgraded to VESA initially, then uses the i915
> driver.

Any special PPA?

> The only audio problem I see is when Flash gets pegged, and prevent
> other applications (e.g. Amarok) from using sound. When this happens
> I see npviewer.bin taking 100% of one core, and kill it. This being a
> 64-bit install, only Flash's process get killed, not the entire Firefox
> browser.

Maybe that's the issue. I have seen Flash hang quite a bit and yes, it pegs
the CPU. 64-bit install here as well, although I use Chrome.  Killing
npviewer.bin is a daily occurance. :-)

-A.