[kwlug-disc] Lucid is disappointing .. was Android everywhere ...

Thu Sep 16 11:35:16 EDT 2010

On Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:48:23 am Chris Irwin wrote:
> Pulse (and other new features) are a kind of a chicken-and-egg
> problem. Pulseaudio works perfectly for me on my laptop (whatever
> sound chip is integrated into intel motherboards nowdays) and desktop
> (Asus Xonar DX, "oxygen" chipset). I quite frequently use pulse to
> route audio between machines, hotplug sound devices, the per-app
> volume is quite useful, and generally think it is the greatest thing
> since sliced bread. I guess it isn't there yet for everybody.

See that's weird. I am running Intel audio on the laptop as well. Pulse will
crap out almost daily (several times) complaining that "PulseAudio can't do
something with the Intel blah-blah... falling back to PulseAudio"

Come to think of it, I wonder if some other app ISN'T using pulse (can't
imagine what) and causing the problem... but really it is as if PulseAudio is
conflicting with itself trying to play things.