[kwlug-disc] [To keep Bob delirious.] Was, & still could be: Re: New geek in the area

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Thu Sep 9 00:23:41 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 21:06 -0700, Phil Longstaff wrote:
> What evidence do you have that DPI is thwarted?
>
> Phil

I suppose I should not have said that DPI is thwarted.  Bell can still
DPI all they like.  However, one of the reasons they perform DPI is to
identify traffic to throttle, and that identification is thwarted, and
so throttling is thwarted.

I'm sure Bell is fully aware of these side-effects of MLPPP, but as long
as I'm the only one using it they probably can't be bothered to tweak
their DPI identification to get 100% coverage.  So stay away, the rest
of you!

--Bob.