[kwlug-disc] New geek in the area

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Sep 8 13:58:33 EDT 2010

Hi Jeff!

On 10-09-08 03:35 AM, J W wrote:

> Any other local developers?

Probably.  Not me, tho.  But you'll find them at various tech events
throughout the month, throughout the region [1].

> Any suggestions on local watering holes?

Plenty!  Frequented after and during the various tech events throughout
the month, throughout the region [2].

> Local geeking hot spots?

A few.  KWartzLab, for sure.  Computer Recycling too:
http://www.theworkingcentre.org/cr

And wherever the geeks are, at various tech events throughout the month,
throughout the region [3].

Teksavvy. End of discussion. http://teksavvy.com/

> Which do you use, whats your opinion of them,

No bandwidth caps.  And knowledgeable tech support. And advocates for
copyright and net neutrality issues.

No affiliation, other than I give them money every month.  I subscribe
to the 200 GByte/month service, but there's an unlimited service as
well.  I've gone over only once, but since Teksavvy charges based on the
average over the previous two months I still didn't incur any overage fees.

> Looking forward to geeking with you,
> Jeff.

Me too.

[1][2][3] Check the Watcamp calendar for a (more or less) comprehensive
list of various tech events throughout the month, throughout the region:
 http://watcamp.com/calendar

--Bob.