[kwlug-disc] linux home accounting package

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 21:29:22 EDT 2010

--- On Thu, 10/28/10, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
> An example consideration would be 'Canadian' awareness, and
> *brainless* compatibility with how our local institutions
> operate. e.g. Statement fetching, auto-bill payment, and the
> like.]

I would have considered that "local institution compatibility" in the 90's. Why do you want your PC software to automate bill payment when the financial institution can do it for you.

i.e. I don't pay ANY bill manually. Phone, Cable, Internet, Taxes, Water, electricity, Mortgage, insurance, magazine subscriptions ... All taken from my account automatically in due time.

I just import the transactions I download from the banks. All my banks provide a suitable format.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
Twitter: rarsamx