[kwlug-disc] Open Source

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Oct 6 01:02:46 EDT 2010

I just came across this on the Communitech site.  I'd include a link,
but the Communitech site is so badly Javascrippled they don't deserve
the acknowledgement (besides, their opaque URL doesn't link to this
info, anyway).  OK, here:
http://www.communitech.ca/en/events/community_events.aspx#

=====
OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE: A Competitive Advantage for Your Organization

Start Date:  	Monday, November 08 2010
Start Time:  	9:00 AM
End Time:  	4:30 PM

Location:  	St. Andrew's Club & Conference Center

Organization/Company: Lexpert/Thomson Reuters
Contact Name: Eman Aboelsaud
Contact Phone: 416-608-5882
Contact Email:
Contact Website:
Attendee Cost(s): $1,195

• Using open source software in your day-to-day business
• Open source software analysis and risk assessment
• Software approach that suits your organization
• Managing open source software from the developer side
• Using open source software code in a hybrid development environment
• Open source software – key pitfalls and strategies

=====

There /is/ a link to a Lexpert/Thomson Reuters URL, but that downloads a
PDF from which it's impossible to cut'n'paste any useful info. About an
Open Source conference.  <sigh>  I doubt they understand the concept of
irony.  http://www.communitech.ca/uploads/EventDocument/open%20source17.pdf

--Bob.