[kwlug-disc] Open Source

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Wed Oct 6 13:42:31 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 01:02 -0400, Bob Jonkman wrote:

> There /is/ a link to a Lexpert/Thomson Reuters URL, but that downloads a
> PDF from which it's impossible to cut'n'paste any useful info. About an
> Open Source conference.  <sigh>  I doubt they understand the concept of
> irony.  http://www.communitech.ca/uploads/EventDocument/open%20source17.pdf

I can copy+paste fine from that PDF. Also note that PDF is an "open" ISO
standard now -- though adobe's extensions such as video (!?!) and 3D
(?!?!?!) are probably not part of that standard.

The formatting prevents large-block cut+paste, but that is more an issue
of design and layout. Living with a print designer, I see this all the
time.

--
Chris Irwin <chris at chrisirwin.ca>