[kwlug-disc] Announcement: (Alternate) Meeting Space for kwlug secured - King & William

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Oct 5 14:07:43 EDT 2010

> The advantage, of course, of not needing a sound system, is that those
> forgetting to pay rigid attention to where the microphone is, no longer have
> to.
>
> A wireless headset might make a difference, but we don't have one, nor the
> resources for one. Nor would it cover audience members who participate
> throughout. Be it with announcements, or those posing questions.

I find the bulky mic hard to carry all the time, and yes, hard to be near
all the time
as you move around.

If the wireless thing is a shirt collar clip-on, the type that are head
mounted, yes, they will make a big difference.

How much does one of these cost, and is it compatible with the SJK sound
system?

Perhaps we can have totally voluntary donation to buy one of these. I know
that 2bits.com would participate. Perhaps other companies can too.

(And money is not icky if there are no strings attached).
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.