[kwlug-disc] Drupal..

Joe Wennechuk youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com
Mon May 24 21:01:19 EDT 2010

I am experimenting with a drupal install on my netbook so I can play around. I have installed it a few times, even on windows with IIS, but I am stumped here.. I am running lucid netbook, on an aspire one 1.6Ghz, 160 GH HD with tons of space, single boot have installed lamp-server, and phpmyadmin(Works Perfect!), webmin(Works Perfect!), and everything under /var/www is chmod'ed at 777, and every file and directory in it "-R" as well, I have created the database in mysql, and made sure .htaccess is in the webroot. I run the install script; I select install in english. I go to configure the database, and enter in all of the information, and it just comes right back to the parameters page for the database name, PW, etc...If I put in non-existant parameters for a database that doesn't exist it barks an error. Does anyone know what I am missing here???

Joseph Wennechuk