[kwlug-disc] Fwd: [TLUG]: Dlink DIR-825 wireless router one-day sale $119.99

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Fri May 21 15:04:36 EDT 2010

We ran a full office, 4 staff, prolly 8 computers, reasonably busy voip
phones, all on a regular 10/100 network.  Never had any speed issues.
Now I'm home with a similiar setup but without the load I don't notice
any speed improvement.

This seems a lot like the speed of computers.  When it comes to most
work processes, my old celeron 750mhz did 95% of my work just as fast as
my current computer does (and my current computer is 5 years old) and
probably just as fast as a new computer.

This all goes out the door though the day we get 100mbits internet to
the door. Then we're going to want gigabit everywhere, because we'll be
doing all our radio/tv over the system.